Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 64

Thread: Nintendo Wii

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Nintendo Wii

    goes on sale Sunday, November 19. I think roughly around $250. It's set up for beginners and experienced gamers. Also has a great feature, you can download old NES and Super NES games for $5-$10 and play em on the system.. way back from the 1980s! Wahoo!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nintendo Wii

    going to be an awesome system
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nintendo Wii

    yep especially with the new ZELDA!!

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Nintendo Wii

    Im a get it, if, IF I can get Little League baseball.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nintendo Wii

    Can't wait for the Wii.. I've seen several games that have caught my eye.

    My two favorites right now are Red Steel and Madden 07.

    The reason Madden 07 looks so cool is because you actually make a snap-like motion to snap the ball, and you really make a forward-like-throwing-motion to throw the ball.. it's going to be much better than just pressing buttons on a controller.

    Red Steel will be pretty cool also.. you make a forward throwing motion to throw grenades, make a downward-motion to reload, and more.. not to mention the swordfighting looks sweet.

    Let's also not forget the game that comes with the Wii - "Wii Sports" - which includes various sports titles to play such as tennis, baseball, golf, etc., and I think there's also another one called "Wii Play" that has a bunch of stuff on it.

    And THEN as if that wasn't enough, let's also not forget the fact that we'll have a catalogue of games ranging from the NES to the Sega Genesis (thank God Sega teamed up with 'em) to the SNES to the NINTENDO 64! So yes, we'll be able to play Goldeneye 007 just like old times!

    No doubt about it, the Wii is going to be one of the most innovative, groundbreaking systems ever released.

    It's going to be the number one system that proves that graphics aren't always the number one thing in a gaming system.

    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beer1.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nintendo Wii

    Nintendo Wii = Sega Dreamcast.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #7
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nintendo Wii

    Anything is possible. The Dreamcast is one of my favorite consoles of all time, however, even though it did flop like a fish.

    I hope that the Wii doesn't suffer the same fate..
    Officially retired

  8. #8
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nintendo Wii

    I would say it will. What is going to be so great about it that makes people think man I can't believe the graphics suck, yet this is great.

    Games are games. Each company has their own version's of the same games basically. Its not like the storylines are going to be that great that people have to have it.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  9. #9
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nintendo Wii

    The control system is what will bring in the crowd..

    It will open up an entirely new dimension to gaming, so that hand movement will translate into actions, instead of using tiny joysticks to do so. Just imagine throwing a pass in a football game by making a forward-throwing motion with the controller.. it will make you feel more like you're in the game.. or at least moreso than tapping a button and watching the game do the rest for you.

    Let's also not forget the archives of downloadable games going from the NES days all the way up to the N64 days.

    AND the backwards compatability with Gamecube games..

    What other system even comes close? None.
    Officially retired

  10. #10
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nintendo Wii

    Nintendo, in my experience, has the best track record of producing quality gaming consoles. They never rush them to the market.

    I haven't played a video game in at least 6 or 7 months. But if I was going to buy a new console, it would most likely be the Wii. The XBox costs too much, the PS2/PS3 is just getting blah.

    I'm really interested in that controller.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •